Tuesday, July 12, 2016

There is one thing that makes me really angry. I get up in arms when girls and women talk in a violent way to each other’s, using sexist vocabulary. I find disgusting when a man use sexist vocabulary with girls, and I refuse it, but I find unacceptable when a girls does it. I mean, we live in a sexist world where our languages are built through sexism and genre violence. It is also violent because there is a binary  conception in our social buildings that categorize male as good and female as bad. I think that girls have to refuse the use of sexist language, because is violent, and is charged with a lot of misconceptions that put us in an oppressed site. But, also, I know that is hard to get out of our language, to look deep inside, and see those types of things (the violent sense of using some words like "maraca", for example). I think that, to see the violence through language, we have to name, to talk and criticize those sexist things, and become them unnatural. Maybe, if we talk about it (about violence in language), girls would realize that they are reproducing violence when they use some words charged with sexism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment