Saturday, July 2, 2016

Yesterday, by midnight, I saw for fourth or fifth time “Django Unchained” in my house, with some friends. This is a  movie by Quentin Tarantino in which appears almost the same actors that participate in his movies and other great actors and actress: Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leo DiCaprio, Samuel L. Jackson, Kerry Washington, and so on. This movie is an adaptation or a tribute to the old movie named “Django”, a western movie, but in the tipicall style of Tarantino.

It is about “Django”, a black slave that gets liberated by “dr. Schultz”  a man that is a bounty hounter. The condition to Django to get liberated by the bounty hounter, is to help Schultz to find some fugitive of the justice that only Django could identify, because he know them. They start becoming partners, and then Django tells his story about him and his wife,  Broomhilda Von Schaft, and how they wanted to scape together, and then got catched and separated, and then Schultz offers to Django to help him to find his wife. They find Broomhilda’s owner in Candyland, a place where white and rich people forced to the slaves to fight till death, and some other horrible things… Both characters know that to rescue Broomhilda won’t be easy, so they get a great plan…  I don’t want to tell you the end, so you can see the movie if you haven’t yet.

I really like this movie, not only because it is entertaining, but because it tells a good story in a not particular way. I dislike the scenes with a lot of blood, obviously, but the rest of the movie is really good. Almost because it shows a reality that we didn’t live now (not in that terms) but taht we shouldn’t forget. And because I like the female character, Broomhilda. 

2 comments:

  1. There are so many movies you've told me to see and I still have not had the opportunity.
    This is added to the list...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read the name of the movie, I thought in (I don't remember their name) the movie we saw the last year to Antropología, about a Chinese civilization hehe.
    And about the blood... I hate the blood :( But I love see blod in Game of Thrones

    ReplyDelete