Monday, June 20, 2016

Something I'd like to learn

Since I was very little, I was an intelectually restless girl. Not because I had divine qualities. It was only because I had physical limitations. I have always had problems with interacting with people and my enviroment in general, so I was almost obligated to develop some other quality. As a very shy child, i had to refuge on books. Then, the little I talked with people, the most I read. Certainly, literature came first. My mum had always encourage our reading, to me and my brohers and sister, but I am the best reader in my house (obviously, it is because I have no more qualities, as I said). So, from short stories to large novels, I eated every book that passed through my hands. 
As a result, I started to learn a lot of things and, with that, I learn the love of learning and knowledge in general. I like to learn new things, but I’m afraid that everything that I learn is related with some topics in particular. I just learn by reading, so I am completely incompetent in terms of sports, music abilities and many other things. 
I really would like to learn to play some instrument, but I think that I don’t have the talent in music. I always say that my only talent is to apreciate arts, but I am not an artist. I do not write quite enough to be a good writter, and I don’t draw pretty much good to be a drawer. I don’t sing really well to be a singer. I practiced dance until I was eleven years old, but I got tired of that. And I’m really bad at sports. The sad part is that all of these things are interesting to me, but my corporality doesn’t let me do them well. 
Maybe the problem is that I don´t have courage, so I may start by learning how to lose the fear that keeps me quiet.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Camila,
    I'm not sure which problems you may have had as a child but I find it hard to believe that being so young you believe you can be so bad at things. From my experience, sometimes we have a strong fear of ridicule and that can sometimes stop us from doing stuff. Hope you just give things another go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to books we can find a new world, a world in which we can hide and say goodbye to reality for a few moments... I same as you many times I take refuge in books and have learned many of them.
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to books we can find a new world, a world in which we can hide and say goodbye to reality for a few moments... I same as you many times I take refuge in books and have learned many of them.
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have too many physical limitations, and very much regret not
     haved developed the intellectual part as yours :(

    Although was always very bad in all sports or physical activities, I practiced some. I have had bad results, but good experiences.

    We should go to salsa classes together!

    ReplyDelete